Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year, time to get caught up with Stormreach

credit: ashlock.org
Hey guys, I know it's been a long time between updates, and I do apologize for this, but it was the holidays so things got a little crazy around here. Now I am back in 2012 resolved to bring you more info. about our favorite games, looking forward to getting back into DDO.

Honestly, Nov-Dec was a blur, in so far as gaming. I really didn't do as much as I wanted to. I think I logged on to DDO once in the past month, but that was only because I downloaded the game to my external drive to see if I could run it on my old laptop. I was surprised the answer was yes, though it tends to lag from time to time which was annoying. Truth be told I have been spending more time in the DAoC battlegrounds, but given my free trial for that game will be running out in about a week's time, I don't think I will be resubbing.

Also this year, I resolve to do more creative writing, and to this end I am reading the DDO novel "The Shard Axe" penned by fantasy writer Marshiela Rockwell. I've only glanced at the first chapter, but I hope to consume it all within the next couple of weeks and post a review of it here. The reason I am doing this is twofold: I have been working on a DDO themed novel of my own set in Stormreach of course, and I find this one to be a good source of inspiration. It is readily available in paper and e-book format through Amazon or through your favorite hobby/bookstore. So go out and get a copy you will be glad you did! I will update this blog more with my progress on my book and my other writing endeavors, as well as the progression of my warforged toon on my server. Stay with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment