Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Leveling up my Pally alt in the DDO early game. Korthos anyone??

So I decided to re-roll a human palandin, mostly because it bugged me that I had to idea how to do a proper build with my warforged barabarian, and I wanted to do a 24 point build from scratch. But boy I had forgotten how much it sucks to be level one. I did the tutorial quickly, just to get a starter weapon, and because I don't know if there is any other entry way to Korthos.

Doing the low level quests is a lot easier if you team up, so me and Cornholio the Great teamed up and knocked off a few in succession and quickly leveled all l the way to 2. I know so much more now than when I started playing the game: the proper use of hirelings to aid in dungeons for example, and even what feats and skills to take that help out my class.

DDO, unlike other games has an advantage since there is so much online, in terms of guides and documentation. Many old games like DAoC, but to name one, have fewer resources, so it makes it easier to look up walkthroughs and helpful hints online.

Of course, if I just wanted to automate the character creation process I could have just used the excellent DDO Character Generator made available by the good folks over at Mortal Voyage in the Argonnessen server. Their Perma-Death guild was featured in the latest (and last) edition of Massive Online Gamer. There's a link to this great newbie tool over at their website: www.mortalvoyage.com.

 Anyone know of a good starting guild for my alt??? Look me up in Orien if you wanna get down with my pally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment