Saturday, April 16, 2011

A return to Stormreach

I started this blog to document my progress in Turbine's DDO. I'm not exactly a noob, started playing when the game was p2p and until my trial ran out but never bothered to get back into it until recently.

Despite what some may argue are obvious flaws, DDO is still an enjoyable MMORPG if simply for the fact grouping is a lot easier than in other games, like World of Warcraft. I'm not going to sit here and bash wow. Not at all, I have logged some time in Azeroth and I find that it has its virtues, but before reaching level cap, it is sometimes difficult for new players to find groups to quest with and soloing can get repetitive and boring in wow.

I have found that to be not as big of a problem with DDO, the game's social panel is top notch allowing almost any player at any level to partake in the game's community. Of course, I can't claim that every player one will encounter in game will be friendly or helpful, I don't think that any gamer can guarantee something like that, but my experience with DDO has been positive thus far and I will continue to try and have fun with it and document some of my progress here.

I hope to forge some lasting friendships with my fellow players and enjoy doing so in my leisure time in Stormreach, hopefully also adding to the extensive knowledge base in cyberspace about this terrific f2p game.

More later, but for the time being, I am happy to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment